Well the last few days have sucked to say the least, Lakai is sick with bronchitis, likely bacterial (because he has maintained a fever for more than a few days). He sounds awful, his breathing sounds "wet" on and off, sometimes it sounds rattly and crackles when he inhales. His cough sounds a maybe like it's loosening but now it's making him hack when he talks more than a few words. He is not a happy camper, not to say he is being crabby but you can just tell by looking at him he is feeling rough. He is being very clingy, which is fine but it's tough to balance keeping both kiddos happy and keeping Marlow away from germs.
Then there was last night...I heard a loud thump in our bedroom (Lakai sleeps in his toddler bed in our room). And rushed to see what it was, thinking Lakai had fallen out of bed. Instead I found him seizing, again. This marks his fourth seizure this winter. He had three the last time he was sick, one during a fever and two after his fever had cooled off. But while he was still recovering from that illness. This one last night, he was with out fever. So that's not good. We have an appointment with neurology on Friday, so maybe we will get some answers then.
So remember when I was talking about Lakai's preschool issues? Well out of the blue today, one of our first choice preschools emailed back to ask if we were still interested and of course we were. So I emailed back to say yes, and mentioned that we were happy they emailed back and gently explained why. And guess what? They emailed back to inform us that Lakai was #42 on the wait list and wasn't getting in, so why did you email me to ask if we were still interest?!
I am so frustrated right now I am not sure that I can even write any more. I am at my wits end over preschools. I wish they would just say "ok, we have x,y and z issues/concerns with taking on your child BUUUT let's talk about it and see what we can come up with". I am really frustrated that it feels that he is being ousted before he even gets a pinkie in the door, let alone a foot. I never thought this would happen honestly, maybe I have been naive.
I am seriously considering homeschooling him, but I am not sure that's the answer either. Does he need preschool? I am not sure. F*ck prematurity.
I wonder if I could get away with partial homeschooling with carefully selected play groups and one-on-one interactions with other kids for his social needs, even just till kindergarten...because then it becomes a public school matter (if we go that way) and they have to take him. I know one thing, I can't just accept that he might have to go a second rate or last choice preschool just because it's the only choice. I can't possibly place him any where I will not feel 100% sure his care needs will be met. In some ways the preschools who are saying they won't take him, without actually saying it are doing us a favor. I think any preschool unwilling to even hear out a child's special care needs or special needs, is likely not a good fit for us any ways.
My poor little prince is hacking away in his bed. I hope tomorrow bring less coughing and tonight brings him some rest.
F*ck you prematurity, F U!